D&P is one of Namibia’s top consulting engineering, project and construction management firms that provide clients with civil engineering, structural engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering and management, engineering project management, engineering programme management, infrastructure investment planning and infrastructure assets management.
Apart from engineering and environmental management, the qualifications of D&P Engineers and Environmental Consultant management specialists encompass industrial engineering, business administration, statistics, computer modelling and the full spectrum of management science and other social disciplines.
One attribute of the Consultancy is its unique ability to marry technology and expertise from a wide range of disciplines to its management consultancy services. D&P Engineers is based in Windhoek and also has an associate firm in Oshakati.
D&P Engineers offers civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering services with the capacity too conceptualise, plan, design, detail and supervise as well as project management in civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Construction contract administration
- Detailed engineering and design of main-take sub-stations, distribution substations, motor control centres, distribution networks, underground distribution networks and underground substations
- System studies and single line development
- Marine structures
- Detailed engineering and design of electrical elements for processing plants, smelting furnaces, refineries, decline mining shafts, vertical shafts, pump stations, surface ventilation fans, compressors for mining, refrigeration plants, winders and mining infrastructure
- Retaining walls and ground structures
- Highway/road design
- Solid waste and storm water management
- Building Services : HVAC, Fire Protection, Hot and Cold Water Reticulation
- Mechanical Equipment Design
- Plant Layout
Environmental Engineering and Management
Capability to perform:
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Socil Impact Assessments
- Strategic Environmental Assessments
- Land use planning
- Development and maintenance of integrated environmental managemnt programmes
- Management systems
- Environmental and health risks assessments
- Mine and industrial environmental closure cost assessments
- Water use license applications
- Environmental Rehabilation and closure plans
- Ecological assessments
- Environmental monitoring programmes
- Environmental auditing
- Complete GIS services
The D&P Social Unit ensures informed decision-making through effective stakeholder engagement and communication. Sustainability is promoted through capacity building and training programs.
Geo-environmental and other projects have significant impacts on communities and the social unit seeks to address and facilitate these and other socio-economic effects.
Services of D and P Social Unit
- Research and material development
- Conduct social studies
- Assessments (impact, needs etc)
- Baseline surveys (community profiles)
Training and Capacity Building
- Engineers and technician training program
- Bursary scheme
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monthly progress meeting
596 total views, 0 views today